Friday, September 30, 2011

Minnow in the Sea

The Internet is kind of a nightmare. As much time as I spend wading through it, I still find myself lost, navigating an overflow of information. I grew up online, part of the first generation to have home access to this technology. I trolled electronic bulletin board systems (BBSs) when AOL was still in its infancy. So there you have my geek cred. Let me tell you, it's really not doing me any good.


You see, a week ago, I handed in my resignation at my day job, cashiering for a major discount retailer of particularly evil reputation. Yes, in this economy. Trust me, I have my reasons. (One being the sheer volume of customers who spouted "Be grateful you have a job!" at me on a daily basis.) The general idea is, I'm a smart young woman, I'll find me some of that online employment. However, when I began this seemingly simple task, I discovered that finding legitimate, non-scamming employment is a bit more challenging than finding a new web comic or the latest dose of cute from www.icanhascheezeburger.com.

This blog represents both an attempt at gainful employment, and a documentation of my search for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment